The chances for development remain low, but it should bring beneficial rainfall to much of Texas.
HOUSTON — The area of disturbed weather in the Gulf of Mexico remains very disorganized as of this writing. The National Hurricane Center gives it a 10% chance for development.
What there is of it will move over the middle Texas coast Saturday night into Sunday morning as a rain maker.
It’s always a tough call as to how much rain Houston/Galveston will get from a system like this. The coastal counties will have the best chance for rain and could see several inches. Flash ‘street’ flooding is certainly possible off and on in the heavier downpours.
Mainly, I expect to see scattered showers and thunderstorms off an on through the weekend — a 40% chance Saturday and 60% Sunday.
If the current forecast holds this will not be a wind maker, but could cause minor low spot flooding along beaches and the coast at times of high tide.
Sometimes, these weak little systems can surprise, so we’ll be tracking it carefully over the weekend.