Dow Jones Newswires is looking for a financial journalists with excellent news judgment for our real-time news-editing team in New York. We’re seeking an editor who is invigorated by the demands of a 24-hour-news cycle and passionate about providing top-quality stories to readers.
Dow Jones Newswires provides news to The Wall Street Journal and MarketWatch, as well as nearly 100 million financial professionals on various platforms.
We are looking for a journalist with experience editing in a real-time environment and a background in corporate and markets coverage. As part of the team, you’ll write headlines from corporate disclosures and edit breaking news stories, with the opportunity to write as well. You must have both a strong sense of urgency and a well-honed ability to distill market-moving news contained inside press releases and SEC filings.
- Work in a fast-paced news environment as part of a team of editors and reporters.
- Quickly discern the essential market-moving details from news releases, regulatory filings, press conferences and other information sources.
- Write and publish headlines on the news.
- Edit, polish and code copy on deadline.
- Sharply edit for grammar, style, sense, jargon, accuracy, clarity, diversity and fairness.
- Work closely with reporters on matters of style and substance.
- Occasionally serve as a slot editor.
- Uphold Dow Jones standards and ethics in your own work and that of others.
- 3+ years of experience as a news editor.
- Strong financial news judgment
- A sense of urgency along with a capacity to remain calm under pressure.
- A proficiency in grammar, style, sense, jargon, accuracy, structure, balance and fairness.
- The ability to function within a team and consistently meet tight deadlines.
This position is based in New York and reports to a Senior Publishing Editor.
To apply, please submit a resume and a cover letter describing how your skills, experience and interests align with the requirements of the position.
The Journal’s reporters, editors, developers, and audio and visual journalists create important and impactful stories, firmly rooted in fact and adhering to the highest ethical standards. We report without fear or bias, and we maintain a proper sense of perspective, detachment and objectivity in our reporting.
To apply, go here.